Seeking Landscape Architect – Project Designer 07 March 2017
Category: Landscape Architect
Experience: Entry Level (0-3 years)
City: Naples/Fort Myers, Sarasota/Bradenton, Tampa, and Orlando
Education Requirements: Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, with applicable work experience
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
We are currently seeking applicants for entry-level positions, and consideration for summer internships. We are offering immediate availability for entry-level Project Designer positions, with 0-3 years of experience. Duties of the selected candidate will include assisting various project teams with site analysis, design development, production of construction documents and assistance with construction administration on a variety of projects. The candidate is expected to possess a variety of artistic skills with both hand-drawn graphics as well as digital rendering skills, for master plans, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details and plan graphics, as well as digital enhancement techniques and design presentations/reports/compilations.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Tampa, Sarasota, and Orlando, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Proficiency with design software including: AdobeCS, AutoCAD 2016, SketchUP Pro, Lumion, ArcGIS/ArcMAP, and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, and the will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- The will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Creative problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Strong graphic skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY graphics.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including: landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort/golf course/amenity projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 8b-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work
experiences, degree work, references, and a performance interview. Incomplete submittals will not be considered. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.