Seeking Landscape Architect / Senior Landscape Architect – Project Manager (Orlando) 22 December 2016
Category: Landscape Architect / Land Planner
Experience: Mid-level and Senior-level, 6+ years
Education Requirements: Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, with applicable work experience
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
Our landscape architecture team is growing and has immediate opportunities for qualified candidates seeking Project Manager roles in each of its Tampa, Sarasota, and Orlando offices. We are targeting dynamic individuals to help lead and support current and future workload on a variety of master-planned community, lifestyle (including resort/hospitality/amenity), and campus planning related projects, as well as participate in business development and marketing efforts with our team. Applicants considered for these roles will demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to effectively lead a variety of projects, the ability to foster a creative office environment that promotes the integration of our planning, design and engineering services, the initiative to implement departmental goals and procedures, and the ability to provide exceptional customer service and customer satisfaction throughout project life cycles.
Applicants must possess an intermediate competency of planning principles, entitlement processes, familiarity with and the ability to navigate land development codes, as well as sensible land planning and site design principles. The ability to participate in land planning and due diligence exercises is desirable, including occasional design charrettes/workshops. Applicants must also have confidence with their abilities to lead and support the production of design deliverables as follows: planning/policy related graphics support; master plan renderings and related artistic graphics; conceptual/schematic design packages; design development packages; complete site enhancement plan production, including construction documents for demolition, grading and drainage, hardscape, landscape, lighting, and irrigation; code minimum landscape and permit documents; budgeting; construction administrative services, exhibits and documentation; marketing graphics, related exhibits, and RFQ/RFP submittals.
All members of the Waldrop team are expected to share in the continued professional development of their colleagues and the creative team. A willingness to participate in learning opportunities and to assist in developing training opportunities is welcomed. Mentorship and teaching skills are also desirable traits for our Project Managers, and will be evaluated as part of our interview process.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Tampa, Sarasota, and now Orlando, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Project management experience preferred, or a demonstrated ability to assume the responsibilities listed.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and the will and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong graphic communication and design skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and building construction.
- Awareness of basic marketing principles and sales experience
- Proficiency with design software including: AutoCAD 2015, AdobeCS (Creative Cloud), SketchUP Pro, ArcGIS, MSProject and MSOffice.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 7-11, along with familiarity of Florida Grades and Standards and other industry materials specification standards
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com. Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a performance interview.