Construction Services / Field Engineer (Tampa) 13 January 2020
Category: Civil Engineering/Construction Services
Experience: Entry/Mid-Level – 3+ years
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree with relative work experience.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Regional project and office-related travel is required.
Waldrop Engineering is seeking a Construction Services/Field Engineer for a position in our Tampa office. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing construction phase services for land development projects throughout the region. The candidate will be involved in QA/QC, Bidding, Scheduling, Construction Observation, and Certification. This position will require working outdoors on active construction sites.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full-service land development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Our team provides services for a wide array of projects including master planned residential communities, golf course & destination resort communities, community parks, commercial & industrial developments, and master surface water management systems. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Fort Myers, Orlando, Sarasota, and Tampa, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
The applicant must have the following skill sets:
- Administration of construction documents such as contracts, shop drawings, pay requests and other similar documents.
- Coordination of construction plans & specifications with contractors during construction including site observation of construction activities.
- Preparation of certification packages to governmental agencies.
- Provide engineering services related to construction activities and project certifications.
- Quality Control of construction documents including review of construction plans and schedule of quantities.
- Coordination of construction process with the Engineer of Record.
- Hard working, detail oriented with an understanding of engineering principles & practices.
- 3+ years of experience with land development construction projects.
- Candidates with related work experience on the west coast of Florida preferred.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Civil Engineering from an EAC/ABET Accredited University.
- I. preferred or ability to obtain within six months.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and Project.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com Candidates will be evaluated based on relative work experiences, work samples, degree work, and performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777