Director of Landscape Architecture – Team Leader (Tampa) 25 March 2019
Category: Landscape Architect / Land Planner
Experience: 10+ years
Education Requirements: Minimum – Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Urban Design, or other closely related discipline
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
Waldrop is searching for a dynamic individual to lead our Tampa Landscape Architecture team on current and future projects. Our work includes a variety of master-planned communities, lifestyle projects (including resort/hospitality/amenity), and campus planning related projects. Applicants must be engaged in expanding our growth in these areas, as well as our public services, and pursue parks, recreation, and roadway design projects. Applicants must be willing to lead these efforts with the support of a design staff and participate in business development and marketing efforts with our leadership team. Applicants considered for this role will: demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills; possess the ability to effectively lead a variety of projects and related client relationships; foster a creative office environment that promotes the integration of our planning, landscape architecture, and engineering services; take initiative to implement departmental goals and procedures; and, prove to have the ability to provide exceptional customer service and customer satisfaction throughout project life cycles.
Applicants must possess competency of planning principles, entitlement processes, familiarity with and the ability to navigate land development codes, as well as sensible land planning and site design principles. The ability to participate in land planning and due diligence exercises is expected, including conducting design charrettes/workshops and implementing process-oriented workflows. Applicants must also have confidence with their abilities to lead and support the production of design deliverables as follows: planning/policy related graphics support; master plan renderings and related artistic graphics; conceptual/schematic design packages; design development packages; complete site enhancement plan production, including construction documents for demolition, grading and drainage, hardscape, landscape, lighting, and irrigation; code minimum landscape and permit documents; project budgeting and feasibility analysis; value engineering; construction administrative services, exhibits and documentation; marketing graphics, related exhibits, and RFQ/RFP submittals.
All members of the Waldrop team are expected to share in the continued professional development of their colleagues and the creative team. A willingness to participate in learning opportunities and to assist in developing training opportunities is welcomed. Mentorship and teaching skills are desirable traits for motivated team members, and will be evaluated as part of our interview process.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Tampa, Sarasota, and now Orlando, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Urban Design, or other closely related discipline, and work experiences related to the defined role listed above.
- Past leadership role and/or experiences successfully leading a team of professionals.
- Demonstrated project management experiences dealing with complex land development and urban design projects.
- Ability to assume and address design and permitting problems individually, as well as with the support of a design team.
- Possess a high aptitude with respect to project budgeting, construction costs, value engineering strategies, and understanding implementation hurdles.
- Highly creative design and problem-solving skills, and ability to delegate and inspire team participation.
- Familiar with design process and process-oriented workflows.
- Excellent communication skills, graphically, written and oral, and the will and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong graphic communication and design skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and building construction within Master Planned Community, Campus Planning, Hospitality, and Public Parks and Roadway projects.
- Willingness to support the development of a strategic marketing plan and assist with the implementation of marketing strategies to help grow our team.
- Engage in the success of staff members and help develop plans for individual professional growth, and assist in teaching and mentorship of team members.
- Proficiency with design software including: AutoCAD, AdobeCS (Creative Cloud), SketchUP Pro, ArcGIS, MSProject and MSOffice.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 7-11, along with familiarity of Florida Grades and Standards and other industry materials specification standards.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com. Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Email: info@WaldropEngineering.com Attn: Ryan Binkowski