Landscape Architect – Entry Level Professional (Orlando) 21 June 2018
Category: Landscape Architect
Experience: Entry Level (0-4 years)
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Landscape Architecture or equivalent degree with relative work experience; or, adequate professional experience including direct responsibility for design, creation of plan documentation, and proficiency with respective design software
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
We are currently seeking applicants to fill entry-level designer roles on an exciting and growing team. The position is available immediately, and appropriate applicants have the opportunity for multiple career paths within our team. Initial duties of the selected candidate(s) will include assisting various project teams with site analysis, schematic design, design development, and production of construction documents on a variety of projects. The candidate is expected to be proficient in the respective software required to execute these duties, and a variety of artistic skills is required. Our team is passionate about both hand-drawn and digital rendering skills, and applicants may also expect involvement in production of master plans, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details and plan graphics, as well as digital enhancement techniques and design presentations/reports/compilations.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Tampa, Sarasota and Orlando, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Proficiency with design software including: AutoCAD, AdobeCS, SketchUP Pro, ArcGIS, and MS Office.
- Strong communication skills, and the will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong graphic skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Exposure to, or direct experience in land development and/or building construction is desired, including: landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort—golf course—amenity projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 8b-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com Candidates will be evaluated based on relative work experiences, work samples, degree work, and performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777