Landscape Architect – Irrigation Designer (Bonita Springs) 10 February 2020
Category: Entry/Junior Level Landscape Architect / Land Planner / Irrigation Designer
Experience: Minimum 1 year under a Certified Irrigation Designer, Landscape Architect, or Civil Engineer
City: Bonita Springs
Education Requirements: Minimum – qualified work experience in the irrigation design industry;
Preferred – Associate-Level CAD-related Degree/Certificate or bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
We are currently seeking applicants to fill a Irrigation Designer position within our team, ranging from 1-5 years of experience. Duties of the selected candidate will include assisting various project teams with analysis, schematic design, design development, and construction document production of irrigation projects. The candidate is expected to possess a complete comprehension of irrigation design principles, and irrigation technical specifications, including knowledge of irrigation controllers, irrigation pump stations, pipe sizing, fixture layout, 2-wire, conventional, and drip irrigation systems, as well as extensive knowledge of Florida plant materials and soil types. Technical writing skills are a plus. Production speed, accuracy, and ability to follow directions and complete tasks are essential skills in this role.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando and Ft. Myers, the Waldrop Team offers a quality inter-disciplinary career experience. Our expertise is founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success
Personal Qualifications Include:
- Professional experience in the field of irrigation design.
- A desire to work on a variety of exciting development projects including large-scaled master-planned communities, infill and redevelopment projects, resort and hospitality projects, park and recreation facility design, campus planning, and more.
- Proficiency with design software including: AutoCAD 2020 and MSOffice PRO.
- Strong communication skills, and the will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including: irrigation, landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort—golf course—amenity projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 7-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards, is desirable
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com Candidates will be evaluated based on relative work experiences, work samples, degree work, and performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777