Landscape Architect – Project Designer (Sarasota) 23 January 2018
Category: Landscape Architect
Experience: 4-8 years
Education Requirements: Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, qualified work experience and internship is desirable
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
We are currently seeking applicants to fill multiple Project Designer positions within our team, ranging from 0-5 years of experience. Duties of the selected candidate will include assisting various project teams with site analysis, schematic design, design development, and production of construction documents on a variety of projects. The candidate is expected to possess a variety of artistic skills, including both hand-drawn graphics, as well as digital rendering skills, for execution of master plan renderings, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details and plan graphics. Digital graphic enhancement techniques and compilation of design presentations/reports/presentations, is a required skill for this position, and creative and technical writing skills are a plus.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Sarasota, Tampa and Orlando, the Waldrop Team offers a quality inter-disciplinary career experience. Our expertise is founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- A desire to work on a variety of exciting development projects including master-planned communities, infill and redevelopment projects, resort and hospitality projects, park and recreation facility design, campus planning, placemaking, and more.
- Proficiency with design software including: AdobeCS, AutoCAD 2018, SketchUP Pro and related rendering engines, ArcGIS and/or ArcMAP, and MSOffice PRO.
- Strong communication skills, and the will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong graphic skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including: landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort—golf course—amenity projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 8-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards, is desirable.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: info@WaldropEngineering.com Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work
experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a performance interview. Please visit or website at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information
Phone: (239) 405-7777