Planning Technician (Bonita Springs) 30 April 2018
Waldrop Engineering is seeking entry level planners for our Bonita Springs office with 0-3 years of experience. As a Planning Technician, you will assist in all aspects of land use planning, including due diligence analysis, the preparation and processing of land use petitions for private sector clientele, the preparation and processing of a variety of planning studies and regulatory tools for local governments, and providing planning support to Waldrop’s Civil Engineering and Landscape Architecture Departments.
Waldrop Engineering is a full-service consulting firm offering Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Civil Engineering services to a diverse clientele across the state. Our Planning & Landscape Architecture Department engages in master planning and community design; processing and managing entitlement petitions (including but not limited to rezonings, Comprehensive Plan Amendments, and annexations); public outreach and consensus building efforts; and Land Development Code and policy formulation on behalf of private developers and local governments
The applicant must have the following skill sets:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree program in City, Urban or Regional Planning or similar program.
- Basic understanding of Geographical Information Systems (GIS), including the retrieval of land use data from a variety of governmental GIS databases. Ability to prepare GIS exhibits and apply GIS data to projects is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented, highly organized with strong commitment to accuracy and time management.
- Previous experience or internship at a private or public-sector planning agency is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with MS Project and Adobe suite is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently.
SALARY: Based on Qualifications
Please submit the following documents via email to Alexis Crespo, AICP, LEED AP at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) references with contact information
- A written sample of report or technical work (primarily written by applicant, if a team project is submitted clearly indicate if work was done as part of a team, and your specific contribution to the work)
For more company information, please visit our website at www.waldropengineering.com