Tuesday, March 7th 2016
We are currently seeking applicants for entry-level positions, and consideration for summer internships. We are offering immediate availability for entry-level Project Designer positions, with 0-3 years of experience. Duties of the selected candidate will include assisting various project teams with site analysis, design development, production of construction documents and assistance with construction administration on a variety of projects. The candidate is expected to possess a variety of artistic skills with both hand-drawn graphics as well as digital rendering skills, for master plans, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details and plan graphics, as well as digital enhancement techniques and design presentations/reports/compilations.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full service development consulting firm specializing in planning, landscape architecture, and civil engineering. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Tampa, Sarasota, and Orlando, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Proficiency with design software including: AdobeCS, AutoCAD 2016, SketchUP Pro, Lumion, ArcGIS/ArcMAP, and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills
- The will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Creative problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Strong graphic skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including: landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort/golf course/amenity projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 8-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates will be evaluated based on relative work experiences, work samples, degree work, references, and performance interview. Incomplete submittals will not be considered. Please visit our portfolio for more information about the projects we have completed. More information regarding the job posting and how to apply can be found here.